Prairie Central Elementary School
- Prairie Central Elementary School's student population of 399 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 30% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-4|
|Total Students||399 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prairie Central Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#411 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairbury Prairie Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 569 students
411 N 7th St
Fairbury, IL 61739
(815)692-2355 0.8 9-12 569
- Forrest Prairie Central Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 282 students
800 N Wood St
Forrest, IL 61741
(815)657-8660 5.5 7-8 282
- Forrest Prairie Central Upper Elementary School Grades: 5-6 | 302 students
Po Box 496
Forrest, IL 61741
(815)657-8238 5.6 5-6 302
- Chenoa Prairie Central Primary West Grades: PK-1 | 218 students
700 S Division St
Chenoa, IL 61726
(815)945-2971 10.6 PK-1 218
- Pontiac Lincoln Elementary School Grades: 2-3 | 241 students
514 S Main St
Pontiac, IL 61764
(815)844-3924 10.9 2-3 241
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.