Prairie Central Primary East
- Prairie Central Primary East's student population of 150 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prairie Central Primary East is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2237 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kempton Tri Point Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 115 students
Po Box 128
Kempton, IL 60946
(815)253-6299 5.4 PK-3 115
- Piper City Tri-point Junior High/elementary Grades: 4-8 | 172 students
Po Box 158
Piper City, IL 60959
(815)686-2247 5.4 4-8 172
- Forrest Prairie Central Upper Elementary School Grades: 5-6 | 302 students
Po Box 496
Forrest, IL 61741
(815)657-8238 6.2 5-6 302
- Forrest Prairie Central Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 282 students
800 N Wood St
Forrest, IL 61741
(815)657-8660 6.4 7-8 282
- Cullom Tri-point High School Grades: 9-12 | 116 students
Po Box 316
Cullom, IL 60929
(815)689-2110 9.2 9-12 116
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.