Purcell Elementary School
- Purcell Elementary School's student population of 497 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||497 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Purcell Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2147 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||POLK School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mulberry Mulberry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1119 students
500 Dr Mlk Jr Ave Se
Mulberry, FL 33860
(863)701-1066 0.6 6-8 1119
- Mulberry Mulberry Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1086 students
4 4th Circle Ne
Mulberry, FL 33860
(863)701-1104 0.9 9-12 1086
- Lakeland James W. Sikes Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 864 students
2727 Shepherd Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
(863)648-3525 4.0 PK-5 864
- Lakeland Scott Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 797 students
1140 County Road 540a E
Lakeland, FL 33813
(863)648-3520 4.6 PK-5 797
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.