Purcell Elementary School
- Purcell Elementary School's student population of 493 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||493 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Purcell Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2062 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Polk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mulberry Mulberry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,160 student
500 Dr Mlk Jr Ave Se
Mulberry, FL 33860
(863) 701-1066 0.6 6-8 1,160
- Mulberry Mulberry Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,127 student
4 4th Circle Ne
Mulberry, FL 33860
(863) 701-1104 0.9 9-12 1,127
- Lakeland James W. Sikes Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 860 students
2727 Shepherd Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
(863) 648-3525 4.0 PK-5 860
- Lakeland Scott Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 838 students
1140 County Road 540a E
Lakeland, FL 33813
(863) 648-3520 4.6 PK-5 838
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
How well do your state’s schools compare against the rest of the country? With the standard nationalization movement gaining steam, we may soon be able to compare apples to apples.