Ray Childers Elementary School
- Ray Childers Elementary School's student population of 471 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ray Childers Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#491 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Burke County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hildebran Hildebran Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
703 Us Hwy 70 West
Hildebran, NC 28637
(828)397-3181 2.3 PK-5 359
- Hickory Longview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 471 students
737 12th Street Sw
Hickory, NC 28602
(828)485-0975 2.6 PK-5 471
- Hickory Southwest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 286 students
1580 32nd Street Sw
Hickory, NC 28602
(828)324-8884 3.2 PK-5 286
- Connelly Springs East Burke Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 661 students
3519 Miller Bridge Road
Connelly Springs, NC 28612
(828)397-7446 3.4 6-8 661
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.