Red Bay High School
- Red Bay High School's student population of 869 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||869 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Red Bay High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#547 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Franklin County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Red Bay High School is Vina High School (6.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vina Vina High School Grades: PK-12 | 282 students
8250 County Road 23
Vina, AL 35593
(256)331-2260 6.1 PK-12 282
- Belmont Belmont School Grades: K-12 | 880 students
9 School Drive
Belmont, MS 38827
(662)454-7924 6.8 K-12 880
- Golden Fairview Attendance Center Grades: K-8 | 197 students
66 Fairview Road
Golden, MS 38847
(662)585-3127 11.4 K-8 197
- Tishomingo Tishomingo Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 289 students
34 A Monroe St
Tishomingo, MS 38873
(662)438-6800 14.8 K-8 289
- Tremont Tremont Attendance Center Grades: K-12 | 326 students
320 School Loop
Tremont, MS 38876
(662)652-3391 15.1 K-12 326
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.