Richard Henry Dana Elementary School
- Richard Henry Dana Elementary School's student population of 274 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2010)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Richard Henry Dana Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Richard Henry Dana Elementary School is Capistrano Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Capistrano Unified School District's student population of 53,772 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $7,298 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $7,425 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Capistrano Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||53,772||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$393 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$399 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$7,298||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$7,425||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Richard Henry Dana Elementary School is Dana Hills High School (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Opportunities For Learning - Capistrano (1.3 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs Elementary School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dana Point Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 62 students
24242 La Cresta Dr.
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)234-5505 0.0 K-6 62
- Dana Point Dana Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 2679 students
33333 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-6666 0.8 9-12 2679
- Pasadena Opportunities For Learning - Capistrano Grades: K-12 | 74 students
33621 Del Obispo St. Ste. E
Pasadena, CA 91107
(949)248-1282 1.3 K-12 74
- Laguna Niguel John Malcom Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 686 students
32261 Charles Ave.
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)248-0542 1.8 K-5 686
- San Juan Capistrano Del Obispo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 377 students
25591 Camino Del Avion
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)234-5905 1.9 K-5 377
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.