Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs
Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs's student population of 62 students has grown by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Richard Henry Dana Exceptional Needs is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#9227 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Capistrano Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dana Point Richard Henry Dana Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 214 students
24242 La Cresta Dr.
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-5784 0.0 K-5 214
- Dana Point Dana Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,588 students
33333 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-6666 0.8 9-12 2,588
- Pasadena Opportunities For Learning - Capistrano Grades: K-12 | 125 students
33621 Del Obispo St. Ste. E
Pasadena, CA 91107
(949)248-1282 1.3 K-12 125
- Laguna Niguel John Malcom Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 614 students
32261 Charles Ave.
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)248-0542 1.8 K-5 614
- San Juan Capistrano Del Obispo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 368 students
25591 Camino Del Avion
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)234-5905 1.9 K-5 368
Nearby Homes for Sale
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.