- The student population of 186 students has declined by 41% over five years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 27% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-3|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.67 is more than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Lansing Public School District's student population of 11,378 students has decreased by 12% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $13,195 is higher than the state average of $12,839. The district revenue/student has grown by 14% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,447 is higher than the state average of $12,841. The district spending/student has grown by 11% over four years.
|School District Name||Lansing Public School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||11,378||760|
|District Total Revenue||$159 MM||$10 MM|
|District Spending||$162 MM||$10 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,195||$12,839|
|District Spending / Student||$13,447||$12,841|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LansingJ.w. Sexton High SchoolGrades: 7-12 | 872 students
102 Mcpherson Ave
Lansing, MI 48915
BaldwinMackinac Preparatory AcademyGrades: KG-12 | 63 students
525 4th Street
Baldwin, MI 49304
LansingEast Intermediate SchoolGrades: 5-6 | 364 students
3131 West Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48917
MasonThe Early College @ Lansing Community College High SchoolGrades: 10-12 | 190 students
2630 West Howell Rd
Mason, MI 48854
LansingMid-michigan Leadership AcademyGrades: PK-8 | 248 students
730 West Maple St
Lansing, MI 48906
June 21, 2017
Leaders debate the pros and cons of mandatory gym classes in public schools. Learn more about the controversy and whether gym class should be a phenomenon of the past.
June 20, 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
June 20, 2017
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.