Robert D. Stethem Educational Center
Robert D. Stethem Educational Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Robert D. Stethem Educational Center's student population of 79 students has grown by 364% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Robert D. Stethem Educational Center is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#447 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (13-14)|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charles County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pomfret Maurice J. Mcdonough High School Grades: 9-12 | 907 students
7165 Marshall Corner Rd
Pomfret, MD 20675
(301) 934-2944 1.1 9-12 907
- Indian Head J. C. Parks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 728 students
3505 Livingston Rd
Indian Head, MD 20640
(301) 375-7444 3.8 PK-5 728
- Indian Head Matthew Henson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 754 students
3535 Livingston Rd
Indian Head, MD 20640
(301) 375-8550 3.8 6-8 754
- La Plata Milton M. Somers Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 986 students
300 Willow Lane
La Plata, MD 20646
(301) 934-4663 4.6 6-8 986
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.