Roosevelt High School
Roosevelt High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Roosevelt High School's student population of 459 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roosevelt High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1556 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Louis City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Eagle Tower Grove East Grades: K-3 | 143 students
2900 S. Grand Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63118
(314)376-3477 0.4 K-3 143
- Saint Louis St. Louis College Prep Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 137 students
Saint Louis, MO 63104
(314)561-3440 0.4 6-8 137
- Saint Louis Fanning Middle Community Ed. Grades: 6-8 | 283 students
3417 Grace Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63116
(314)772-1038 0.6 6-8 283
- Saint Louis Kipp Inspire Academy Grades: 5-8 | 314 students
1212 N 22nd St
Saint Louis, MO 63106
(314)296-3502 0.6 5-8 314
- Saint Louis Kipp Wisdom Academy Grades: K-2 | 315 students
2647 Ohio Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63118
(314)384-9561 0.6 K-2 315
The academic programs at Roosenelt are coming along. The availabilty of the at the school seems fair, art is coming along, and extracurricular activities are good. The level of parent involment is high because of such harsh treatment at the school. The fact that kids are being deprived of their education by being locked out of their classrooms, and being sent to ISS is unacceptable. And the facilities need a little more work done to them.
- Posted by Teacher - craze
Glendale Public Schools has hired a company to monitor student posts on social media. The district claims the practice will help school officials step in when a student threatens to hurt himself or someone else.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.