Roosevelt Middle School
Roosevelt Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Roosevelt Middle School's student population of 548 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 32% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roosevelt Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7709 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oakland Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Garfield Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 654 students
1640 22nd Ave.
Oakland, CA 94606
(510) 535-2857 0.2 K-5 654
- Hayward Opportunity Charter Grades: 10-12 | 23 students
2300 International Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 670-4590 0.5 10-12 23
- Oakland Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 702 students
915 Foothill Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(510) 874-3354 0.6 K-5 702
- Oakland Bella Vista Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 447 students
1025 E. 28th St.
Oakland, CA 94610
(510) 436-4900 0.7 K-5 447
- Oakland Achieve Academy Grades: K-5 | 675 students
1700 28th Ave.
Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 904-6440 0.8 K-5 675
I was just told that the girls' bathrooms are not cleaned. Very nasty. What an example is that.
- Posted by Parent - Sandy care
i love this school! always had the best memories there form the teachers to the students -class of 08
- Posted by Student/Alumni - olivi
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.