Royal Oaks Elementary School
Royal Oaks Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Royal Oaks Elementary School's student population of 239 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Royal Oaks Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,555 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1971 out of 2555 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cabarrus County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kannapolis Kannapolis Charter Academy Grades: K-7 | 521 students
1911 Concord Lake Road
Kannapolis, NC 28083
(704)273-5310 0.9 K-7 521
- Kannapolis Forest Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 517 students
1333 Forest Park Drive
Kannapolis, NC 28083
(704)932-8121 1.0 PK-5 517
- Concord Winecoff Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 818 students
375 Winecoff Sch Road
Concord, NC 28027
(704)782-4322 1.4 PK-5 818
- Kannapolis Shady Brook Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 360 students
903 Rogers Lake Road
Kannapolis, NC 28081
(704)933-2434 1.6 K-5 360
A new bill has been placed before New York state lawmakers by the Board of Regents, allowing undocumented students to receive financial aid for postsecondary education.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.