Rt Barrera Elementary School
Rt Barrera Elementary School serves 369 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Rt Barrera Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 369 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 80-84% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Rt Barrera Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Rt Barrera Elementary School's student population of 369 students has declined by 29% over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Rt Barrera Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Rt Barrera Elementary School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#314 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
I recomend this school because it is the best of all the schools
Review Rt Barrera Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.