Salem Elementary School
- Salem Elementary School's student population of 444 students has grown by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 36% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||444 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Salem Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#540 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Lyon Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northville Ridge Wood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 540 students
49775 6 Mile Rd
Northville, MI 48168
(248)465-2200 2.3 K-5 540
- Plymouth Plymouth Scholars Charter Academy Grades: K-8 | 778 students
48484 N. Territorial Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
(734)459-6149 3.4 K-8 778
- South Lyon South Lyon East High School Grades: 9-12 | 984 students
52000 10 Mile Rd
South Lyon, MI 48178
(248)573-8700 4.3 9-12 984
- Northville Moraine Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 511 students
46811 8 Mile Rd
Northville, MI 48167
(248)465-2150 4.4 K-5 511
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.