Sam Houston Elementary School
Sam Houston Elementary School serves 510 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Sam Houston Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 75% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Sam Houston Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Sam Houston Elementary School's student population of 510 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Sam Houston Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Sam Houston Elementary School is 0.64, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#634 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Sam Houston Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
Earn your associate's degree - or credit towards a bachelor's degree - before you earn your high school diploma. Learn about early college high schools and how they can help you jumpstart your higher education.
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
Learn which classes can best help students prepare for college.
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.