Sam Hughes Elementary School
Sam Hughes Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Sam Hughes Elementary School's student population of 355 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sam Hughes Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#116 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tucson Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Edge High School - Himmel Park Grades: 9-12 | 154 students
2555 East First Street
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 881-1389 0.4 9-12 154
- Tucson Teenage Parent Program - Tapp Grades: 6-12 | 67 students
102 N. Plumer
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 225-6060 0.5 6-12 67
- Tucson Pcjted - Tapp High School Grades: 9-12
102 N. Plumer Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 225-3250 0.6 9-12 n/a
- Phoenix Amerischools Academy - Country Club Grades: K-12 | 197 students
1150 North Country Club
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(602) 354-4299 0.8 K-12 197
Our son has attended Sam Hughes for all of his elementary years. It is an amazing school always maintaining an "A" average academically. The school has high participation in it's science fairs, has an amazing community school, and requires all kids to participate in music. The PTA pays for a full-time PE teacher, OMA teachers, etc. Further the school addresses bullying. An amazing school with my child having an A+ elementary experience.
- Posted by Parent - Suzi S.