San Mateo County Special Education
- San Mateo County Special Education's student population of 173 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 35% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- San Mateo County Special Education's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9511 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Mateo County Office of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redwood City San Mateo County Rop Grades: 11-12
101 Twin Dolphin Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94065
(650)598-2000 0.0 11-12 n/a
- Belmont Nesbit Elementary School Grades: K-7 | 632 students
500 Biddulph Way
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)637-4860 0.6 K-7 632
- Belmont Central Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 448 students
525 Mid Rd.
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)637-4820 1.1 K-5 448
- San Carlos Arundel Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 496 students
200 Arundel Rd.
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650)508-7311 1.7 K-4 496
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.