San Mateo County Special Education
San Mateo County Special Education places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- San Mateo County Special Education's student population of 156 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 38% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- San Mateo County Special Education is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9186 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Mateo County Office Of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redwood City San Mateo County Rop Grades: 11-12
101 Twin Dolphin Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94065
(650) 598-2000 0.0 11-12 n/a
- Belmont Nesbit Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 654 students
500 Biddulph Way
Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 637-4860 0.6 K-8 654
- Belmont Central Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 447 students
525 Mid Rd.
Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 637-4820 1.1 K-5 447
- San Carlos Arundel Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 484 students
200 Arundel Rd.
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 508-7311 1.7 K-4 484
Nearby Homes for Sale
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.