Sanders Elementary School
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Sanders Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Sanders Elementary School's student population of 340 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sanders Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Sanders Elementary School is Hollandale School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hollandale School District's student population of 604 students has decreased by 11% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,889 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,720 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Hollandale School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||604||2,008|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$10 MM||$20 MM|
|District Spending||$10 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,889||$10,065|
|District Spending / Student||$14,720||$10,094|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollandale Simmons High School Grades: 7-12 | 264 students
501 West Washington Street
Hollandale, MS 38748
(662)827-2228 0.0 7-12 264
- Hollandale Hollandale Alternative Program Grades: 1-12
115 North Street
Hollandale, MS 38748
(662)827-0610 0.4 1-12 n/a
- Avon Riverside Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 590 students
939 Riverside Road
Avon, MS 38723
(662)335-4528 11.6 PK-6 590
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.