Scuola Vita Nuova Charter
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 335 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 92%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
- It is the mission of Scuola Vita nuova Public Charter School to create a child-centered Balanced Literacy environment. In a Balanced Literacy Program:
- Children read often.
- Children write often.
- Children study many genres.
- Children have ready access to books at their reading level.
- Teachers talk to students as fellow readers and writers.
- Real literature is the catalyst for learning phonics, decoding skills, deppening comprehension, studying craft of writing and exploring new genres.
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
35-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
How many students attend Scuola Vita Nuova Charter?
335 students attend Scuola Vita Nuova Charter.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
54% of Scuola Vita Nuova Charter students are Hispanic, 34% of students are Black, 8% of students are White, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Scuola Vita Nuova Charter?
Scuola Vita Nuova Charter has a student ration of 13:1, which is equal to the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Scuola Vita Nuova Charter offer ?
Scuola Vita Nuova Charter offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
Review Scuola Vita Nuova Charter. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities