Garfield Elementary School
Garfield Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Garfield Elementary School's student population of 785 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||785 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garfield Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,085 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1950 out of 2085 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kansas City 33 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Kc International-wallace Grades: K-8 | 602 students
414 Wallace Ave
Kansas City, MO 64125
(816) 242-4206 0.5 K-8 602
- Kansas City Whittier Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 460 students
Kansas City, MO 64127
(816) 418-3850 0.8 PK-6 460
- Kansas City Kipp Endeavor Academy Grades: K-8 | 548 students
2700 E 18th St Ste 155b
Kansas City, MO 64127
(816) 241-3994 1.3 K-8 548
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?