Garfield Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 590 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 93%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 16% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 16% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
How many students attend Garfield Elementary School?
590 students attend Garfield Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
44% of Garfield Elementary School students are Black, 28% of students are Hispanic, 18% of students are Asian, 7% of students are White, 2% of students are Hawaiian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Garfield Elementary School?
Garfield Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Garfield Elementary School offer ?
Garfield Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
Review Garfield Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities