Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo)
Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo) serves 179 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo) placed in the top 10% of all schools in Puerto Rico for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75-79% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Puerto Rico state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Puerto Rico state average of 100% (majority Hispanic).
Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo) ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Puerto Rico for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo)'s student population of 179 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo) is ranked within the top 10% of all 836 schools in Puerto Rico (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo) is 0.04, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.00. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PR)
Overall Testing Rank
#83 out of 836 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PR Dept. of Education
Review Sebastian Pabon Alves (corozo). Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.