Sedan Elementary School
Sedan Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Sedan Elementary School's student population of 184 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sedan Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#829 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chautauqua Co Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sedan Sedan High School Grades: 6-12 | 196 students
416 E Elm
Sedan, KS 67361
(620)725-3186 0.1 6-12 196
- Caney Caney Valley Charter Academy Grades: 9-12 | 11 students
601 E. Bullpups Blvd
Caney, KS 67333
(620)879-9232 16.1 9-12 11
- Caney Caney Valley High School Grades: 7-12 | 381 students
601 E. Bullpup Blvd
Caney, KS 67333
(620)879-9220 16.1 7-12 381
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.