Seventh Ward Elementary School
Seventh Ward Elementary School serves 246 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Seventh Ward Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Louisiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 85-89% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80-84% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 70%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Louisiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Louisiana state average of 55% (majority Black).
Seventh Ward Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Seventh Ward Elementary School's student population of 246 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Seventh Ward Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,267 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Seventh Ward Elementary School is 0.62, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (LA)
Overall Testing Rank
#191 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, LA Dept. of Education
Review Seventh Ward Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public School Review Diversity Report: Which States Have the Most Diverse Public Schools?
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
L.A. Philanthropic Group Commits Large Sum to Promote Arts in District Schools
A $750,000 gift to Los Angeles Unified School District will go to expanding art programs in schools throughout the district.
Do Public Schools Need to Teach More Math and Science?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?