Shapleigh Memorial School
- Shapleigh Memorial School's student population of 143 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shapleigh Memorial School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#298 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 57/msad 57 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Acton Acton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 240 students
700 Milton Mills Road
Acton, ME 04001
(207)636-2100 2.8 PK-8 240
- Sanford Willard School Grades: 1-5 | 427 students
668 Main Street
Sanford, ME 04073
(207)324-8454 6.3 1-5 427
- Waterboro Massabesic High School Grades: 9-12 | 985 students
88 West Road
Waterboro, ME 04087
(207)247-3141 6.4 9-12 985
- Sanford Sanford High School Grades: 9-12 | 1000 students
52 Sanford High School Blvd
Sanford, ME 04073
(207)324-4050 6.4 9-12 1000
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.