Sharp Creek Elementary School serves 258 students in grades 3-6.
Sharp Creek Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 3-6
- Enrollment: 258 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 8%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 55% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Sharp Creek Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Sharp Creek Elementary School's student population of 258 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Sharp Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Sharp Creek Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#488 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sharp Creek Elementary School's ranking?
Sharp Creek Elementary School is ranked #488 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Indiana.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 45% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Sharp Creek Elementary School?
258 students attend Sharp Creek Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
92% of Sharp Creek Elementary School students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sharp Creek Elementary School?
Sharp Creek Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is equal to the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does Sharp Creek Elementary School offer ?
Sharp Creek Elementary School offers enrollment in grades 3-6
What school district is Sharp Creek Elementary School part of?
Sharp Creek Elementary School is part of MSD Wabash County Schools School District.
Review Sharp Creek Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.