Shelby - Rising City Elementary School
- Shelby - Rising City Elementary School's student population of 167 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shelby - Rising City Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 918 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#500 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby - Rising City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Osceola Osceola Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 139 students
341 S Kimmel, Po Box 198
Osceola, NE 68651
(402)747-2091 6.4 PK-5 139
- Osceola Osceola Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 50 students
565 S Kimmel, Po Box 198
Osceola, NE 68651
(402)747-3121 6.5 6-8 50
- Rising City Shelby - Rising City Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 86 students
400 E Spruce, Po Box 160
Rising City, NE 68658
(402)542-2216 6.9 6-8 86
- Stromsburg Cross County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 77 students
1270 123rd Rd, Po Box 525
Stromsburg, NE 68666
(402)764-5521 12.6 6-8 77
- Bellwood Bellwood Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 99 students
612 Park St, Po Box 100
Bellwood, NE 68624
(402)538-4805 13.7 PK-6 99
Nearby Homes for Sale
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.