Shell Beach Elementary School
Shell Beach Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Shell Beach Elementary School's student population of 430 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shell Beach Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2244 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lucia Mar Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Luis Obispo Bellevue-santa Fe Charter Grades: K-6 | 160 students
1401 San Luis Bay Dr.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
(805) 595-7169 3.0 K-6 160
- Grover Beach Grover Heights Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 426 students
770 N. Eigth St.
Grover Beach, CA 93433
(805) 474-3700 3.9 K-6 426
- Grover Beach Grover Beach Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 494 students
365 S. 10th St.
Grover Beach, CA 93433
(805) 474-3770 4.3 K-6 494
- San Luis Obispo Los Ranchos Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 457 students
5785 Los Ranchos Rd.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805) 596-4075 5.2 K-6 457
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.