Short Line School
- Short Line School's student population of 397 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||397 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Short Line School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wetzel County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pine Grove Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 155 students
44 Lumberjack Lane
Pine Grove, WV 26419
(304)889-3151 1.8 9-12 155
- Middlebourne Arthur I Boreman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 331 students
51 Boreman School Road
Middlebourne, WV 26149
(304)758-2152 11.0 PK-5 331
- New Martinsville New Martinsville School Grades: PK-8 | 844 students
20 E Benjamin Drive
New Martinsville, WV 26155
(304)455-2291 11.3 PK-8 844
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.