Sidney Lanier Center
- Sidney Lanier Center's student population of 154 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sidney Lanier Center's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3375 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alachua School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Genesis Preparatory School Grades: K-3 | 63 students
207 Nw 23rd Ave
Gainesville, FL 32609
(352)379-1188 0.5 K-3 63
- Gainesville A.quinn Jones Center Grades: 6-12 | 91 students
1108 Nw 7th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352)955-6840 0.8 6-12 91
- Gainesville Alachua Mycroschool Of Integrated Academics And Technologies Grades: 8-12 | 206 students
2209 Nw 13th St
Gainesville, FL 32609
(352)379-2902 0.8 8-12 206
Sidney lanier Is a great School for your kid to attend to you cant ask for a better school principal then mrs castallo and a better conicler then mr barnes i am a student
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gator
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.