Silver Lake Junior Senior High School
- Silver Lake Junior Senior High School's student population of 309 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Silver Lake Junior Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#479 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Silver Lake School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Lake Silver Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 409 students
200 Rice Rd
Silver Lake, KS 66539
(785)582-4081 0.4 PK-6 409
- Rossville Rossville Jr.-sr. High School Grades: 7-12 | 269 students
Rossville, KS 66533
(785)584-6193 5.4 7-12 269
- Rossville Rossville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
312 E Pottawatomie
Rossville, KS 66533
(785)584-6188 5.6 PK-6 316
- Topeka Wanamaker Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 531 students
6630 Sw 10th
Topeka, KS 66615
(785)339-4800 5.6 PK-6 531
- Topeka Landon Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 432 students
731 Sw Fairlawn Rd
Topeka, KS 66606
(785)438-4220 6.8 6-8 432
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.