Smith Center Elementary School
- Smith Center Elementary School's student population of 215 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Smith Center Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#495 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Smith Center School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Smith Center Smith Center Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 190 students
300 Roger Barta Way
Smith Center, KS 66967
(785)282-6609 0.4 7-12 190
- Kensington Thunder Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 45 students
128 S Kansas Street
Kensington, KS 66951
(785)476-3241 13.2 K-3 45
- Kensington Thunder Ridge High School Grades: 9-12 | 71 students
209 East Ash
Kensington, KS 66951
(785)476-2217 13.2 9-12 71
- Agra Thunder Ridge Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 101 students
941 Kansas Avenue
Agra, KS 67621
(785)638-2244 18.3 4-8 101
- Downs Lakeside Junior/senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 142 students
1306 N Morgan
Downs, KS 67437
(785)454-3332 22.4 6-12 142
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.