Smithsburg Elementary School
- Smithsburg Elementary School's student population of 374 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Smithsburg Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#727 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washingtion County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Smithsburg Smithsburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 788 students
66 N Main St
Smithsburg, MD 21783
(301)766-8337 0.0 9-12 788
- Hagerstown Old Forge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 339 students
21615 Old Forge Rd
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301)766-8273 2.3 K-5 339
- Myersville Wolfsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 157 students
12520 Wolfsville Rd
Myersville, MD 21773
(240)236-2250 5.8 PK-5 157
- Cascade Cascade Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 177 students
14519 Pennersville Rd
Cascade, MD 21719
(301)766-8066 5.9 K-5 177
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.