Lee 01 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public preschools managed by Lee 01 School District serving 972 students in Bishopville, South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina state average of 49%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Lee 01 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bishopville Bishopville Primary321 Roland Street
Bishopville, SC 29010
Grades: PK-5 | 556 students
- Mayesville Lower Lee Elementary School5142 St. Charles Road
Mayesville, SC 29104
Grades: PK-5 | 221 students
- Rembert West Lee Elementary School55 West Lee School Road
Rembert, SC 29128
Grades: PK-5 | 195 students
|School District Name||Lee 01 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,056 students|
|# of Teachers||140 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,027 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,029 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||39 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,889 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||111 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||88|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||137|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||149|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||142|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||179|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||143|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lee 01 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,914 is higher than the state average of $10,528. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,219 is higher than the state average of $10,726. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$31 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,914||$10,528|
|Spending / Student||$15,219||$10,726|
Learn about changes in Texas' public school curriculum that reinterprets American history and potentially incorporates more Christianity into coursework.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.