Bon Homme 04-2 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Bon Homme 04-2 School District serving 418 students in Tyndall, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Bon Homme 04-2 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tyndall Bon Homme High School - 011404 Fir St
Tyndall, SD 57066
Grades: 9-12 | 137 students
- Tabor Hutterische Colony Elementary - 1831232 The Colony Rd
Tabor, SD 57063
Grades: K-8 | 50 students
- Springfield Springfield Elementary - 031008 Walnut
Springfield, SD 57062
Grades: K-5 | 55 students
- Tabor Tabor Elementary - 05227 N Lidice St
Tabor, SD 57063
Grades: K-5 | 34 students
- Tyndall Tyndall Elementary - 041404 Fir St
Tyndall, SD 57066
Grades: K-5 | 142 students
|School District Name||Bon Homme 04-2 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||418 students|
|# of Teachers||36 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||219 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||199 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||401 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||64|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||30|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bon Homme 04-2 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,064 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,435 is less than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,064||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$9,435||$10,920|
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.