Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District, serving 933 students. Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in South Dakota.
- Public schools in Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District have an average math proficiency score of 63% (versus the South Dakota public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 69% (versus the 54% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 10/10, which is in the top 10% of public schools in South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority American Indian and Hispanic), which is less than the South Dakota public school average of 30% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the South Dakota public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.dr-k12.org|
|School District Phone Number||(605) 428-5473|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||722 Schools|
|# of Students||933 Students||145,072 Students|
|# of Teachers||63 Teachers||9,796 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
- Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 149 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#10 out of 149 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||22 Students||22,960 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||2,450 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||20 Students||8,185 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||4,411 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||865 Students||101,454 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||153 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 Students||5,459 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,388|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104||12,298|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||69||11,015|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||60||11,028|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69||11,166|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||70||11,439|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84||11,400|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||66||11,161|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||55||11,123|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||77||10,704|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||69||11,505|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||71||10,340|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||72||9,403|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||67||9,102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,915 in this school district is less than the state median of $14,448. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,484 is less than the state median of $14,457. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,915||$14,448|
|Revenue / Student||$11,484||$14,457|
Dell Rapids School District 49-3 School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Dell Rapids Elementary - 02 309 W 15th St
Dell Rapids, SD 57022
Grades: K-4 | 372 students
- Dell Rapids Middle School - 03 1216 N Garfield Ave
Dell Rapids, SD 57022
Grades: 5-8 | 282 students
- Dell Rapids High School - 01 1216 N Garfield Ave
Dell Rapids, SD 57022
Grades: 9-12 | 279 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.