Harrisburg 41-2 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Harrisburg 41-2 School District serving 494 students in Harrisburg, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Harrisburg 41-2 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Harrisburg Liberty Elementary - 02200 Willow St
Harrisburg, SD 57032
Grades: PK-5 | 494 students
|School District Name||Harrisburg 41-2 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||494 students|
|# of Teachers||38 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||256 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||238 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||462 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harrisburg 41-2 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,413 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,400 is less than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$26 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,413||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$8,400||$10,920|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.