School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District, serving 25 students.
- public school in School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District have a diversity score of 0.50, which is more than the South Dakota public school average of 0.47.
- The most diverse school in School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District is Sdsbvi Elementary - 01, with 0.52 diversity score. Read more about public school diversity statistics in South Dakota or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority American Indian) , which is more than the South Dakota public school average of 29% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 1:1 is less than the South Dakota public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District|
|School District Website||http://sdsbvi.northern.edu|
|School District Phone Number||(605)626-2580|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||800 Schools|
|# of Students||25 Students||146,338 Students|
|# of Teachers||21 Teachers||9,956 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1||14:1|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||23,578 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||2,405 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||7,533 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||4,198 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||17 Students||103,476 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||130 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||5,018 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,300|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||12,474|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1||11,312|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||3||11,400|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2||11,540|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2||11,546|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3||11,345|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1||11,256|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5||11,010|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||5||10,694|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||11,306|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2||10,339|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||9,592|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1||9,224|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
School District School For The Blind & Visually Impaired School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | SD School Rank)
- Groton Groton Junior High SchoolPo Box 410
Groton, SD 57445
Grades: PK-8 | 7 students
- Aberdeen Sdsbvi Elementary - 01 423 17th Ave Se
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Grades: PK-8 | 15 students
- Aberdeen Sdsbvi High School - 02 423 17th Ave Se
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Grades: 9-12 | 3 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.