South Highlands Elementary Magnet School
South Highlands Elementary Magnet School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- South Highlands Elementary Magnet School's student population of 481 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Highlands Elementary Magnet School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caddo Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Fairfield Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 470 students
6215 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318)868-9826 0.8 PK-5 470
- Shreveport Caddo Heights Math/science Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 566 students
1702 Corbitt Street
Shreveport, LA 71108
(318)636-9610 1.0 PK-3 566
Nearby Homes for Sale
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.