South Hills High School
- South Hills High School's student population of 2,152 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 122 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,152 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||122 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Hills High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7026 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Worth Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Worth Westcreek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 643 students
3401 Walton Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76133
(817) 370-5850 0.4 PK-5 643
- Fort Worth Greenbriar Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 647 students
1605 Grady Lee St
Fort Worth, TX 76134
(817) 814-7400 0.9 PK-5 647
- Fort Worth Seminary Hills Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 380 students
5037 Townsend Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76115
(817) 920-1270 1.1 PK-5 380
- Fort Worth Wedgwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 879 students
3909 Wilkie Way
Fort Worth, TX 76133
(817) 814-8200 1.2 6-8 879
The administration is very informative. Good discipline. And great teachers!
- Posted by Parent - aleja
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.