South Lawrence Elementary School
- South Lawrence Elementary School's student population of 577 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||577 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Lawrence Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,684 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#438 out of 1684 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lawrence County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Loretto Loretto High School Grades: 8-12 | 536 students
525 Second South Ave
Loretto, TN 38469
(931) 231-8850 0.5 8-12 536
- Florence Rogers High School Grades: PK-12 | 1,213 student
300 Rogers Ln
Florence, AL 35634
(256) 757-3106 8.0 PK-12 1,213
- Leoma Leoma Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 492 students
2612 Hwy 43 South
Leoma, TN 38468
(931) 231-8199 8.7 PK-8 492
- Lawrenceburg Lawrenceburg Public Grades: PK-5 | 471 students
600 Prosser Rd
Lawrenceburg, TN 38464
(931) 762-3282 12.6 PK-5 471
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.