South Lewis Middle School
- South Lewis Middle School's student population of 322 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Lewis Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3160 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||SOUTH LEWIS CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Turin South Lewis High School Grades: 9-12 | 311 students
4264 East Rd
Turin, NY 13473
(315)348-2520 0.0 9-12 311
- Port Leyden Port Leyden Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 202 students
3336 Lincoln St
Port Leyden, NY 13433
(315)348-2660 4.6 PK-4 202
- Glenfield Glenfield Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 211 students
5960 Main St
Glenfield, NY 13343
(315)348-2620 4.9 PK-4 211
- Boonville Boonville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 371 students
110 Ford St
Boonville, NY 13309
(315)942-9220 11.1 PK-5 371
- Boonville Adirondack High School Grades: 9-12 | 401 students
8181 State Rt 294
Boonville, NY 13309
(315)942-9250 11.3 9-12 401
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.