South Mountain Elementary School
- South Mountain Elementary School's student population of 222 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Mountain Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#171 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wausau School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wausau Rib Mountain Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
2701 Robin Ln
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)261-0220 1.6 K-5 245
- Rothschild Rothschild Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 429 students
810 1st St
Rothschild, WI 54474
(715)359-3186 2.8 PK-5 429
- Schofield D C Everest Junior High School Grades: 8-9 | 849 students
1000 Machmueller St
Schofield, WI 54476
(715)359-0511 3.1 8-9 849
- Wausau G D Jones Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
1018 S 12th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)261-0950 3.1 PK-5 579
- Wausau John Marshall Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 324 students
1918 Lamont St
Wausau, WI 54403
(715)261-0060 3.1 K-5 324
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.