South River Elementary School
South River Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- South River Elementary School's student population of 341 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2012)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South River Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#584 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rockingham County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Penn Laird Peak View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 464 students
641 Lawyer Rd.
Penn Laird, VA 22846
(540) 289-7510 6.5 PK-5 464
- Penn Laird Spotswood High School Grades: 9-12 | 942 students
368 Blazer Drive
Penn Laird, VA 22846
(540) 289-3100 7.1 9-12 942
- Mc Gaheysville Mcgaheysville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 261 students
9508 Spotswood Trail
Mc Gaheysville, VA 22840
(540) 289-3004 7.4 PK-5 261
- Fort Defiance Fort Defiance High School Grades: 9-12 | 787 students
195 Fort Defiance Rd
Fort Defiance, VA 24437
(540) 245-5050 8.5 9-12 787
It is a great school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Cayden
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.