South River Elementary School
- South River Elementary School's student population of 341 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2012)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South River Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#531 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||ROCKINGHAM CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Penn Laird Peak View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 477 students
641 Lawyer Rd.
Penn Laird, VA 22846
(540)289-7510 6.5 PK-5 477
- Penn Laird Spotswood High School Grades: 9-12 | 893 students
368 Blazer Drive
Penn Laird, VA 22846
(540)289-3100 7.1 9-12 893
- Mc Gaheysville Mcgaheysville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 292 students
9508 Spotswood Trail
Mc Gaheysville, VA 22840
(540)289-3004 7.4 PK-5 292
- Fort Defiance Fort Defiance High School Grades: 9-12 | 778 students
195 Fort Defiance Rd
Fort Defiance, VA 24437
(540)245-5050 8.5 9-12 778
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.