South Shore Jr/sr High School
South Shore Jr/sr High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- South Shore Jr/sr High School's student population of 80 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Shore Jr/sr High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#943 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Shore School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Wing South Shore Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 84 students
9135 School Rd
Port Wing, WI 54865
(715) 774-3817 0.0 PK-6 84
- Iron River Iron River Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 95 students
7730 Pettingill Ave
Iron River, WI 54847
(715) 372-4334 15.3 K-5 95
- Two Harbors Minnehaha Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 423 students
421 7th St
Two Harbors, MN 55616
(218) 834-8221 21.5 PK-5 423
- Two Harbors Solo Grades: 7-12 | 8 students
1640 Hwy 2
Two Harbors, MN 55616
(218) 834-8201 21.5 7-12 8
- Maple Northwestern High School Grades: 9-12 | 419 students
4751 S County Road F
Maple, WI 54854
(715) 363-2434 21.7 9-12 419
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.