South Vienna Middle School
- South Vienna Middle School's student population of 289 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Vienna Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,255 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1521 out of 3255 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northeastern Local School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Vienna South Vienna Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 534 students
140 W Main St
South Vienna, OH 45369
(937) 346-0840 0.0 PK-5 534
- Springfield Shawnee Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 275 students
1675 E Possum Rd
Springfield, OH 45502
(937) 325-9296 6.8 7-8 275
- Springfield Reid Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 479 students
3640 E High St
Springfield, OH 45505
(937) 328-5380 6.9 K-6 479
- South Charleston Southeastern Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 117 students
195 E Jamestown St
South Charleston, OH 45368
(937) 462-8308 7.2 6-8 117
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.