Southern High School
- Southern High School's student population of 1,010 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,010 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#200 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lothian Lothian Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 527 students
5175 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410) 222-1697 2.9 PK-5 527
- Lothian Southern Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 744 students
5235 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410) 222-1659 3.1 6-8 744
- Davidsonville Davidsonville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 684 students
962 Central Ave West
Davidsonville, MD 21035
(410) 222-1655 3.6 K-5 684
- Edgewater Center Of Applied Technology-south
211 Central Ave E
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410) 956-5900 5.0 n/a n/a
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.