Southern Oak Elementary School
- Southern Oak Elementary School's student population of 547 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||547 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Oak Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1267 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pinellas School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Largo Fuguitt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 589 students
13010 101st St
Largo, FL 33773
(727) 588-3576 1.2 PK-5 589
- Largo Pinellas Preparatory Academy Grades: 4-8 | 441 students
2300 Belcher Rd S
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 536-3600 1.6 4-8 441
- Largo Plato Seminole Grades: K-8 | 363 students
10888 126th Ave
Largo, FL 33778
(727) 228-9950 1.6 K-8 363
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.