Southern Valley Jr/sr High School
- Southern Valley Jr/sr High School's student population of 208 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Valley Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#778 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||SOUTHERN VALLEY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oxford New View School
1103 Central St
Oxford, NE 68967
(308)824-3738 7.9 n/a n/a
- Long Island Long Island Elementary School Grades: 5-8 | 52 students
101 Main Street
Long Island, KS 67647
(785)854-7681 14.4 5-8 52
- Alma Alma Elementary At Alma Grades: PK-6 | 186 students
515 Jewell St
Alma, NE 68920
(308)928-2131 15.4 PK-6 186
- Arapahoe Arapahoe Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 212 students
Arapahoe, NE 68922
(308)962-5459 17.3 PK-6 212
- Arapahoe Arapahoe High School Grades: 7-12 | 134 students
Arapahoe, NE 68922
(308)962-5458 17.3 7-12 134
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.