Stamford High School
Stamford High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Stamford High School's student population of 184 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stamford High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2382 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stamford Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stamford Stamford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 165 students
800 E Reynolds
Stamford, TX 79553
(325)773-2651 0.1 6-8 165
- Stamford Oliver Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 322 students
400 E Oliver
Stamford, TX 79553
(325)773-5713 0.5 PK-5 322
- Avoca Lueders-avoca High School Grades: 9-12 | 36 students
8762 Cr 604
Avoca, TX 79503
(325)773-2785 7.0 9-12 36
- Haskell Paint Creek School Grades: PK-12 | 132 students
4485 Fm 600
Haskell, TX 79521
(940)864-2868 10.9 PK-12 132
- Lueders Lueders-avoca El/j High School Grades: PK-8 | 70 students
334 Vandeventer St
Lueders, TX 79533
(325)228-4211 13.9 PK-8 70
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.