Starr Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 452 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 14%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Starr Elementary School?
452 students attend Starr Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
86% of Starr Elementary School students are White, 7% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Starr Elementary School?
Starr Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Starr Elementary School offer ?
Starr Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Starr Elementary School part of?
Starr Elementary School is part of Plainwell Community Schools School District.
Review Starr Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities